Room temps too high?! New question added...

Bettacreek

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Central Pennsyltucky
Well, I picked up the LG forced air, and there's a sticky on it that says to operate in a room with temperatures of 65-72F. I don't have a room with those temperatures. The lowest any room goes in my home would be about 76F, some rooms are up to 82F. Can I still use the darn thing?! Do I just have to be cautious of temp spikes?
hmm.png
I'm assuming that all incubators are going to tell me the same thing. So, someone please tell me that I will be alright!

Last edited:
Your fine. the room temp dont mater as long as it is stable an under 103 F. If ya got that then the incubator will work.
Closets work well.

Being a forced air means that fluctuating room temps wont be much of an issue ether.

Last edited:
Alright, I can NOT get this thing at the right temperature. I can get it to stay at a stable temperature, but it's either 99.0-99.1 OR it's 100. something. I can NOT get it at an exact 99.5! I have been fiddling with it for awhile now, and I can't get it in between. Any suggestions?

I swear, I'm only moving the darn thing by a hair. I can hardly even detect movement when I adjust it! *Sigh* I'm getting two 1588's from another member, but this baby is going to be in use too darn it. It stays nice and stable, but darn it, I can't get it exact.

Wait, when you add eggs, it's supposed to drop, so can I put them in when it's at 100, and expect it to drop to 99.5? Wait, I'm completely lost. I don't understand these stupid things. I thought that when you set a thermostat, then it kept those exact degrees, so why would you get heat spikes and drops anyways?! Wow, I must be a total airhead or something, because these things just confuse the heck out of me.
hmm.png

Quote:
I forget the words for it but an LG is heated off of "ambiant temperature" or something like that so it's effected by the temperature around it and reacts accordingly. LIke when i had mine...if it got even in teh 40s outside, from being in the teens...my incubator would spike to 108! LOL! it was bad! Then if it got really cold in the house, it would drop to into the 80s which wasnt too bad i'd rather it be too cold than too hot.

My cabinet incubator is barely effected by the outside temp...i barely have to mess with it at all, however if the water dries out of the pan then the temp will go up so that's the only time I have to really watch it
smile.png

You'll perfect it eventually i have hope!
big_smile.png

I'm almost tempted to say the heck with it and build a monster bator and just use a reptile thermostat in it. THAT would be accurate and I wouldn't have to worry about room temperature. The only problem with that is the fact that I already have one bator here, two more on the way, and I really don't need that much bator room, lmao.

*Sigh* Unfortunately, one floor. Our rooms are pretty stable, but we DO get heat spikes in here (we have craptastic insulation). We actually lost quite a few fish because of this (their tanks got over 90F once). So, umm, do the 1588's (with presets) have the same problems?! Which models DON'T have this problem? Should I just be a crackhead and make some kind of seperate room out of half of the one closet and insulate that yet too, or what?!

Back
Top Bottom