roos comb

Yup, it looks he's been fighting with another roo or damaged it somehow. As long as he stops fighting(or however he made it bleed) it will heal up and be back to normal in a week or two. Mine always healed up fine, I had to get rid of a few extra(mean) roosters though.

I had roosters that would fight through the fence and make everyone's comb like that, I didn't realize what was happening until I saw a roo with blood on his beak and then saw him run back to the fence and start fighting again.

He should be fine.

-Kim

right now we only have the one. Since it wasn't like that before Sun., it had to have happened then. The only other roos around here are within hearing distance but not visiting distance. Or maybe our only hen left is beating up on him. they did seem to be having a verbal argument on Fri. She's too docile to do that though.
Monica

I am willing to bet the fence he squeezed through could have done it. I have a part basset who is always hanging her big long ears and hurting them when she goes to play in the field behind us. I would imagine those big combs and wattles would be much the same....in the way sometimes!!!!

Dont worry with roos with combs that size, they always find a way to tear it. He will heal quickly. If you see the birds pecking at it, you might want to put some vetx , however, he looks like a big healthy roo and I doubt he would tolerate that from the other birds.

Handsome fella.

Back
Top Bottom