Roos crowing all day and night?

CrazyFowlFreak, in our town in Oregon there is an annual Rooster Crow event. "Crowin Joe" holds the record. Every year people from all around bring roosters in pens, cover up for darkness, throw off the cover, & count the crows. Yours would probably be a "ringer" & win. Sounds like yours has a lot to say or sing about. Personally, I enjoy hearing the roos crow; it sounds like "home" to me.

My BR rooster crowed loudly --all day long, we gave him away. My little bantam Cochin roo crows a few times in the morning --that's about it. He does crow at 'strangers', he's a good Watchrooster.

My roosters definitely crow more in the morning, but off and on all day too. They crow when "something is wrong"....which usually means a neighbor is out and about nearby. They do NOT approve of people being near the girls. Even if "near" is a hundred feet away, behind two fences on their own property. If I hear repeated crowing, I will go outside to check. Definitely is like having "guard" roosters. They let me know if anyone is near the fence or hanging around. They also let me know if the neighbors exist. Oh wel......

Back
Top Bottom