Roos or Pullets? Also breeds?

lknmomma

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 15, 2013
These are all 3 months old and I "think" I know the breeds but confirmation from the experts would be great.

From left to right, this is what I think they are: White Leghorn, Speckled Sussex, Easter Egger, Dark Cornish (I think--a side-profile photo would help), Easter Egger, and White Leghorn. At least for now, they all appear to be pullets. Nice flock!

Here are my guesses, from left to right:

White Leghorn
Speckled Sussex
Easter Egger (sold by hatcheries as Araucanas/Americanas)
Dark Cornish
Another Easter Egger
And lastly, another White Leghorn

Thank you! The one on the far right has some black/grey feathers and grey legs, is it still a leghorn?

Thank you! The one on the far right has some black/grey feathers and grey legs, is it still a leghorn?

I guess I didn't notice the color of the legs when I first looked. If it has grey legs, it is not a Leghorn. I think that it is a Splash Blue Andalusian. Like all blue birds, Blue Andalusians do not produce all blue offspring (50% blue, 25% splash, 25% black). The grey legs and black and grey feathers would fit.

Thank you! They were a rare breed assortment, so not sure what I was getting!

I agree with Wyandottes7--it is probably a Splash Blue Andalusian. Especially if you ordered a rare breed assortment, as the Andalusian is usually considered "rare".

Back
Top Bottom