Roos or pullets

It seems to me that in order to get the chance of buying some female chicks from the "straight run" bins, at these kinds of places you will have to be right there when the chicks are being delivered straight from the hatchery.

Later on, the female chicks will have been picked by one savvy person, leaving the males behind for all the other customers, succumbing to their cuteness.

I bought 4 sapphire gems, 2 ameruacanas at taco all were supposed to be pullets I ended up with a cockerel out of the bunch . I wanted a rooster because I didn’t have any so it worked out, I’m not sure if it’s a black ameruacana or one of the sapphires. Can anyone tell?

Attachments

• 6E02BD0C-8074-4F5D-AFF8-B107EE3F2D4D.jpeg
    6E02BD0C-8074-4F5D-AFF8-B107EE3F2D4D.jpeg
    391 KB · Views: 4
  • AC5B5CB7-25D3-4CBA-8FE2-9CF03B70C1B2.jpeg
    AC5B5CB7-25D3-4CBA-8FE2-9CF03B70C1B2.jpeg
    511.7 KB · Views: 4
I bought 4 sapphire gems, 2 ameruacanas at taco all were supposed to be pullets I ended up with a cockerel out of the bunch . I wanted a rooster because I didn’t have any so it worked out, I’m not sure if it’s a black ameruacana or one of the sapphires. Can anyone tell?
sapphire gem. ameraucanas don’t have straight combs. unless you have easter eggers that were sold as ameraucanas, that sometimes happens, and easter eggers can have straight combs.

Whatever it is its not an easter egger or an ameraucana

Back
Top Bottom