Roost Addition

Lesjr883

Songster
May 10, 2018
South Mississippi
Just added another roost to the coop. No one is using it yet.

Coop 11242019.jpg

That looks good! Mine have roosts on 3 sides of their coop. Preference for a long time seemed immovable, but in recent times they have suddenly re-arranged themselves over and over. What was first class last year has shifted around for some reason. But the lowest 'economy' roost remains the last choice.

Last edited:
Looks a lot like mine did! I started with 4 pulleys who all used one, not quite 4 ft roost. Well, those pullets are now big ol' hens. And I acquired another pullet along the way. So I added a second roost. You know what? They never did use it. All 5 of my girls prefer to squish together on the original roost. I ended up taking it out.

But I'm sure if I had more than 5, they would have used it. Darn birds...

Looks a lot like mine did! I started with 4 pulleys who all used one, not quite 4 ft roost. Well, those pullets are now big ol' hens. And I acquired another pullet along the way. So I added a second roost. You know what? They never did use it. All 5 of my girls prefer to squish together on the original roost. I ended up taking it out.

But I'm sure if I had more than 5, they would have used it. Darn birds...
Right now there are 3 Hens, 6 Pullets, and one Bantam Cockerel. They all roost on the two that are close together. I will get a picture tonight and post.
The double roost is 72 inches long and the new one is 61 inches long.

Right now there are 3 Hens, 6 Pullets, and one Bantam Cockerel. They all roost on the two that are close together. I will get a picture tonight and post.
The double roost is 72 inches long and the new one is 61 inches long.
Boy, does this look familiar! I also added in a very similar fashion.
I'd remove the back roost of the double....or not<shrugs>

Back
Top Bottom