Roost behaviour-anyone ever watched them?

Pics
Interestingly when they both emerged from the nest box after a lot of wrestling.. the egg they were fighting to sit on didn't belong to either of them. I had already collected both their eggs for the day.. Does this mean they might be going to go broody?

All I can say is that miss bossy boots shove-the-others-off-the-roost is lucky I'm a sooky city dweller and not a farmer. She might have found herself as first in line for dinner :D
(interestingly, one of the others was "permitted" to share "her" roost when I checked on them to see what daphne was doing now)

LOL

All I can say is that miss bossy boots shove-the-others-off-the-roost is lucky I'm a sooky city dweller and not a farmer. She might have found herself as first in line for dinner :D
(interestingly, one of the others was "permitted" to share "her" roost when I checked on them to see what daphne was doing now)

A real farmer would be more likely to invite the target of Miss Bossy Boots aggression to join him and the preacher for Sunday Dinner than he would be to sacrifice what is likely his most healthy hen.

Now does the old saw about "Ruling the roost" make more sense to you city slickers?

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/rule+the+roost

:oops:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom