Roost Diagrams Needed for Large Coop

Where can I find instructions to build a roost? I need directions: where to cut the boards, where support boards should go, where the screws go, etc.

Where can I find instructions to build a roost? I need directions: where to cut the boards, where support boards should go, where the screws go, etc.
After almost a year your birds still don't have roosts??
Doubtful you're going to find those kinds of details.
You built your own coop right?

Pics of your coop...with dimensions and number of birds.

This is the link for plans and dimensions and all you'll need free! I'm almost finished with one ! http://blog.homedepot.com/free-plans-for-an-awesome-chicken-coop/

After almost a year your birds still don't have roosts??
Doubtful you're going to find those kinds of details.
You built your own coop right?

Pics of your coop...with dimensions and number of birds.

They have a roost; it's just ugly. We have 11 standard size hens and the coop is 8'x13' inside a larger building. It's framed in hardware cloth on 2 sides and the walls of the larger building serve as the other 2 walls. The photo in post #14 is the coop under construction last year.

i hang branches from ceiling, 5-6' long different diameters but the birds seemed to like to 4" best. we get some cold winters so they can keep there feet hidden that way. it also acts like a swing which i read is good for the birds plus they like it. i hang another on an angle they climb up onto it with but they really seem to have no trouble getting to it 4 or 5' off the ground. the water an food is also hung off the ground so ez cleaning with shovel.

i hang branches from ceiling,  5-6' long different diameters but the birds seemed to like to 4" best.  we get some cold winters so they can keep there feet hidden that way. it also acts like a swing which i read is good for the birds plus they like it.  i hang another on an angle they climb up onto it with but they really seem to have no trouble getting to it 4 or 5' off the ground.  the water an food is also hung off the ground so ez cleaning with shovel.    

That is perfect. I don't need directions for that. Thank you very much!

Yes, those are exactly the sort of instructions I need. I didn't see the part showing how to build the roost. Am I missing that somehow?

The roosts are the 2x2s which run 92" long on each side. The plans are there in both downloadable pdf and pictures with follow along guide.

This was my very first wood project .. I think I did real well.

This can roost 12 chickens comfortably -

The roosts are the 2x2s which run 92" long on each side. The plans are there in both downloadable pdf and pictures with follow along guide.

This was my very first wood project .. I think I did real well.

This can roost 12 chickens comfortably -

Thank you so much! In my excitement reading them, I kept skipping that. :)

Back
Top Bottom