Roost for the biggest chicken of them all?

If I sat in the coop, the chickens would sit on me. I would need to be hosed off, not the chair. When I walk in the coop, there are 3 that like to stand on my feet. My husband always asks, "How do you manage to get poop on the top of your shoes?"

I hear that Horsejody! same here.....you know when people are asking for advise on building new coops we should tell them to have a built-in drop down poop free bench!
I have a large garbage bag I store in a cupboard so I can put it down to sit on...I only use one side for as long as I can.
Oh and do not wear open toed sandals...ouch!

why not put hooks on the house or fenceing to hang your folding chairs. Maybe a vyinl tablecloth to hang over th hooks to cover chairs
(to keep the dust off of them as well as poop)

we use an old metal swing that we keep outside the coop so we can chicken watch
they tend to act more natural when we are not in the coop with them

HorseJody - how funny!
wee.gif

I need something to sit on too. I have a cinder block in the barn that I turn sideways to sit on and then have to turn it the other way with the holes up when I leave. It's hard on the arthritis to sit on but I love wathcing my chickens and the goslings, Hansel and Gretel, while they are all settling down for the night. I love all the noises they make!

This Saturday I'm going on the HenSide the Beltline Tour deCoop in Raleigh and I'm sure I'll come home with all kinds of ideas for improving my little setup!

My husband made a totally cool box, which we store stuff in, that has two lids. One lid underneath and a top lid which is hinged. So the birds poop on the top lid and when you go in and want to sit down you lift up that lid seat and it hooks to the fence or the wall and you have a clean seat! You do have to remember to put it down when you leave, which is harder than one might think
tongue.png

It's been working really well for us.

I have a folding camping chair ( the type that comes in the bag) and I hang it from a hool in the coop when I am not sitting in it. I also have a bench and a plastic chair in the run as well.

Back
Top Bottom