Roost in Brooder, How to go about this?

AnimalFriend<3

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 21, 2011
I have had a small hanging roost in my brooder with my four week olds for about two weeks. They love it! Now that they are getting havier the roost does not support their weight.
sad.png
I was curious to see how you all have gone about putting roosts in your brooders. Please let me know and feel free to add pics!

We just had a stick going through from one side to the other at first, but it was too thin I think. Now we have a contraption my husband built that's 2x4's all nailed together in random configurations (some with the 2" side up, some with the 4" side up), that they love. I'd post pictures but it's covered in poo and not very pleasant to look at, even with me scraping it as well as I can every week.
smile.png
Definitely going to be painting the roosts in the real coop!

I tried making a roost unsuccessfully from very big twigs, my 4 week old chicks would just look at me and tip over my fine work. My husband taking pity on me nailed together two opposing empty bee frames to a flat solid piece of wood and they love it! Everyone has bee frames around the house, don' they?
woot.gif

My hubby cut up some furring strips to make a moveable roost. Just a few inches tall but about 2.5 ft long. They love it. we can take it out of the brooder when we clean it out and move it to where they play.

I've got it! I strapped a parrot latter to a brick and they love it. Thank you for all the good ideas.

Back
Top Bottom