Roost pole positions

i have seen some hinged roosts that you can pull up for cleaning ect to get them out of the way....? that might help i was gonna use them for my new coop to help save some space for cleaning ect.....
big_smile.png
and yes wall mounted feeder would work to save space ....

Quote:
in the summer time ventilation will not be an issue. the main window opens all the way. The winter time is the concern but it's almost over so I'll have to see what needs to be done next winter.

I'll check the wall mounted feeder for ideas. I definitely need to save some space.

we bought one sheet of plywood, not the cheepest stuff because it does get a little damp in there this time of year with all the mud and rain. But still only cost $20, a box of screws and the rest was wood we already had laying around. The round dog feeder in the first picture that i used to use cost more. I have more photos if any one is interested in making one. Its about 2' tall and holds enough to feed my 7 (right now) for about 4-5 days

Last edited:
I've got some materials left over from the build. I'll start construction tonight
woot.gif
Mine will be a little different than yours but will serve the same purpose. This will give me a little more roost room. I'm going to go with the wrap around idea. I'll have the roosts wrap around 2 walls to maximize space and give the ladies some options. pics to come
yippiechickie.gif

Hope it works out for you.
smile.png
I wanted to mention, I had a problem at first with my youngsters wanting to roost on top of the feeder. I proped up a small board at an angle so there was no room to roost and within a few days they found their spot on the roosts and I took it down.

Back
Top Bottom