Rooster acting sick

Yes, really. Tuna in a can. Mackerel and Sardines are also quite good.

Meat and eggs - chickens like these too. Chickens are Omnivores.
your rooster looks like my rooster, and he is not as active as he was, i'm thinking he is not feeling well. I came home this evening and he was roosting with the other chickens then as I was bring the ducks in he decided to just jump in the pond... I pulled him out and now he is isolated in the garage, not sure what is going on, if he is depress or sick. Any thoughts?

your rooster looks like my rooster, and he is not as active as he was, i'm thinking he is not feeling well. I came home this evening and he was roosting with the other chickens then as I was bring the ducks in he decided to just jump in the pond... I pulled him out and now he is isolated in the garage, not sure what is going on, if he is depress or sick. Any thoughts?
Can you start your own thread in the ER forums.
Include a description of symptoms, what you feed, how many birds you have and what their housing is like. Photos of your rooster and his poop will be helpful too.

Thanks!

Sometimes when molting they can act like they don't feel very well.
Watch to see that he's getting to eat and is drinking o.k.
He went out in the pen today but didn’t come back in the coop at night. I put him back in the coop as it was cold out. I am pretty worried now. I have a really bad feeling about him. I don’t know what’s wrong and I want to know.
I have never seen him act like this in previous years at least for not as long.
I will keep a closer eye on him tomorrow.
He seems to be standing with his rear feathers down and not moving much. I don’t know if he went in to eat or drink today.

Something to consider is to check the ammonia level in the coop. If it's not well ventilated during the the colder season. It can have serious affects on older chickens.
that's good to know, but their coop is very well ventilated.. by the way how old is old?

He went out in the pen today but didn’t come back in the coop at night. I put him back in the coop as it was cold out. I am pretty worried now. I have a really bad feeling about him. I don’t know what’s wrong and I want to know.
He seems to be standing with his rear feathers down and not moving much. I don’t know if he went in to eat or drink today.
maybe try to isolate him and make sure there is vitamins in his water, food, I am not familiar with chicken yet, but I understand using oregano and garlic is some kind of a holistic antibiotic ( no one has given me an opnion about this) but definitely keep temperature at bay since because change of temperature will put them at stress. i hope everything will go well with the rooster. leaving the pen is their way to isolation so they don't infect the flock.
i hope i am wrong

When is the last time you dewormed him?

If he's molting, I'd try giving a bit of extra protein.

When you can, get more photos of him in good lighting. Do you notice any mucous from the nostrils, bubbles in the eyes or anything like that?

When is the last time you dewormed him?

If he's molting, I'd try giving a bit of extra protein.

When you can, get more photos of him in good lighting. Do you notice any mucous from the nostrils, bubbles in the eyes or anything like that?
I have never dewormed any of my birds I have never had an issue before.
The weather has been terrible the last couple days. He has still been crowing and being vocal but still not roosting or going outside.
Maybe he doesn’t like the bad weather or maybe I am just overreacting.

Back
Top Bottom