Rooster acting weird.

They may not, when my hens were coming up on starting to lay I was alost ready to ask if Midol could be given to them, they were extremely grouchy, and after they started laying went back to being best friends, he may just be respecting them not wanting to be bothered right now, most guys don't like being around pms.
I will find him in the coop sometimes when one of them is laying. Like he’s giving her emotional support. I also wonder if the heat has something to do with it.

Last edited:
Quick question. Can roosters die from too much calcium. Sorry, this sounds like a stupid question but I am wondering
Calcium is not good for roosters that's why if you have one in the flock you should bee feeding flock raiser or what ever they call the brand you have available locally, it can cause kidney problems. I use it and have Oyster shell on the side which about once a month I see him take a peck or 2 at

I’m not sure if the Dumor layer feed or not. My hens wasn’t laying at the time when I bought it. I do know it’s the 2nd stage feed for their age group and it crumbled. I don’t have to bag anymore to know for sure. I do remember the girl told me when they started laying I should get them some oyster shells to mix in the feed to give them calcium. That’s why I’m thinking it’s not the Dumor layer feed. That’s why I mix it with the other.

I will find him in the coop sometimes when one of them is laying. I also wonder if the heat has something to do with it.
Him being in the coop in the coop with
Calcium is not good for roosters that's why if you have one in the flock you should bee feeding flock raiser or what ever they call the brand you have available locally, it can cause kidney problems. I use it and have Oyster shell on the side which about once a month I see him take a peck or 2 at
oh okay, thank you

I’m not sure if the Dumor layer feed or not. My hens wasn’t laying at the time when I bought it. I do know it’s the 2nd stage feed for their age group and it crumbled. I don’t have to bag anymore to know for sure. I do remember the girl told me when they started laying I should get them some oyster shells to mix in the feed to give them calcium. That’s why I’m thinking it’s not the Dumor layer feed. That’s why I mix it with the other.
If you have something besides dumor available to give them, I've heard of a lot of issues lately with feeding dumor for some reason

I’m gonna get some of that feed hopefully tomorrow.

I’m gonna get some of that feed hopefully tomorrow.

If you have something besides dumor available to give them, I've heard of a lot of issues lately with feeding dumor for some reason

I personally like the Nuterna All Flock but they can be a bit big. Just get what you like other than Dumor based on what @slordaz said

Back
Top Bottom