Rooster acting weird.

He’s not panting or having any other symptoms other than wanting to sleep and looking like he has no head control. When I checked on him just now he is standing and his head is normal.
Yesterday he was eating and drinking normally. He was just off to himself a lot.
Can you get a video of his actions?

No head control sounds neurological - I would try Vitamin E (400IU) daily along with 1/4 tablet B-Complex. Egg for a daily treat.
It could be worms - getting that fecal float would be important. But with the addition of no head control along with a few of the other symptoms, it very well could be disease like Marek's - the only way to know that would be through necropsy if you lose him.

Can you get a video of his actions?

No head control sounds neurological - I would try Vitamin E (400IU) daily along with 1/4 tablet B-Complex. Egg for a daily treat.
It could be worms - getting that fecal float would be important. But with the addition of no head control along with a few of the other symptoms, it very well could be disease like Marek's - the only way to know that would be through necropsy if you lose him.
I’ll get you a video in a few.

I agree with @hispoptart Looks like Wry Neck.
I recommend treatment that I posted in Post # 61

I would look in his ears, just to make sure there isn't infection that may be causing the head tilt.

Wry Neck is a symptom - some common causes are Marek's disease, vitamin deficiency and head trauma. Hopefully he will improve with vitamin therapy. If you lose him, finding out the cause is a very good idea. Are you planning on breeding him?

I would look in his ears, just to make sure there isn't infection that may be causing the head tilt.

Wry Neck is a symptom - some common causes are Marek's disease, vitamin deficiency and head trauma. Hopefully he will improve with vitamin therapy. If you lose him, finding out the cause is a very good idea. Are you planning on breeding him?
Thank you. I would love to have some chicks from him. But none of my hens are broody. My hens just started laying about 2-3 weeks ago.
I was thinking wry neck too. I’m hoping he’ll drink the vitamin water but I’m worried that he isn’t.

I have ear drops that I use for my dog , miniature schnauzer, for when she had a ear infection. If he does have a ear infection do you think I could put a drop of that in his ear?

Back
Top Bottom