Rooster acting weird.

Pics
I have ear drops that I use for my dog , miniature schnauzer, for when she had a ear infection. If he does have a ear infection do you think I could put a drop of that in his ear?
I would look in the ear first, no need to jump on drops - the symptoms he is exhibiting in the video is pretty clear that it's very likely Wry Neck, but I wanted to mention ear infection "just in case".
I don't know what type of drops you have. IF, IF there is ear infection - that can be caused by a number of things - from ear mites to respiratory disease. General care for ear infection in chickens is to apply 1-2 drops Peroxide in the ear to help bubble out debris, remove any pus/gunk, etc. that you see and pack the ear with triple antibiotic ointment. Repeat daily until it clears up. Depending on the cause antibiotics may be needed to help clear up infection.

I would look in the ear first, no need to jump on drops - the symptoms he is exhibiting in the video is pretty clear that it's very likely Wry Neck, but I wanted to mention ear infection "just in case".
I don't know what type of drops you have. IF, IF there is ear infection - that can be caused by a number of things - from ear mites to respiratory disease. General care for ear infection in chickens is to apply 1-2 drops Peroxide in the ear to help bubble out debris, remove any pus/gunk, etc. that you see and pack the ear with triple antibiotic ointment. Repeat daily until it clears up. Depending on the cause antibiotics may be needed to help clear up infection.
Ok! I appreciate you for helping me!

Thank you. I would love to have some chicks from him. But none of my hens are broody. My hens just started laying about 2-3 weeks ago.
I was thinking wry neck too. I’m hoping he’ll drink the vitamin water but I’m worried that he isn’t.

You can try to use a syringe to drop the vitamin water on the tip of he beak to see if he will take it and swallow. Or a drop or 2 inside his beak but be very careful not to asperate him. There also a good video for tube feeding. It seems very scary to do at first, but if I can do it anyone can. @Wyorp Rock do you have a link to that video?

My chicks took the vitamins dropped just inside their beaks just fine, I've also added them to the water or applied to a treat, the older ones that weren't given them didn't seem to fond of it, so theirs is a treat or in the waters with it

Back
Top Bottom