Rooster attacked by his own offspring

Advar85

Chirping
Mar 30, 2020
My rooster was attacked by his two juvenile offspring, I saw it all in my surveillance camera (yes one is pointing directly to their coop) I was so sad to see how the two of them attacked him at the same time, my poor boy didn’t have visible injuries other than his comb, but he doesn’t stand up, nothing. I put him inside a cage but I don’t know how to make him comfortable, even his head is down I’m very concerned, please help me, he is my first rooster, I love him dearly.

This is completely natural. Unless you have a bachelor flock, you should keep only one rooster, or they'll attack. Sorry about this though. :hugs

When a rooster is defeated in a fight it can be pretty hard on him. Defeat often comes with loosing the harem. It is natural that one of his sons would try to take over. Two against one isn't fair but a defeat is a defeat. The two sons are probably going to have it out soon. They cannot both be in charge of the hens. It would be interesting (but perhaps crule) to isolate one of the sons and see if the old rooster can regain his position.

Back
Top Bottom