rooster attacked chick

Pics

fanynany

Songster
Aug 22, 2020
Texas
i found him on his back twitching and gas, the bleeding stopped but he’s still weak, he tries to stand, he lifts his head but stops i don’t know what to do, he opens his eyes for a bit then shuts them, we gave him some water and he drank it, i’m all over the place i’m sorry i just don’t want him to die, i’m in texas and my power is going out every 20 minutes so i have little time

i found him on his back twitching and gas, the bleeding stopped but he’s still weak, he tries to stand, he lifts his head but stops i don’t know what to do, he opens his eyes for a bit then shuts them, we gave him some water and he drank it, i’m all over the place i’m sorry i just don’t want him to die, i’m in texas and my power is going out every 20 minutes so i have little time
Is the rooster the dad?

Do you have a heat lamp I would recommend putting him under one. Keep him separate from any other chicks (or any other animals, for that matter)

Separate him in a crate or basket in a quiet room. Keep him warm and leave him alone for awhile to see if he improves. If he is more alert later, offer some water or chick electrolytes and food. How old is the chick? Pictures can help. A rooster or hens should not be near tiny chicks unless they are with a broody hen to protect them. Are there other chicks in danger?

Separate him in a crate or basket in a quiet room. Keep him warm and leave him alone for awhile to see if he improves. If he is more alert later, offer some water or chick electrolytes and food. How old is the chick? Pictures can help. A rooster or hens should not be near tiny chicks unless they are with a broody hen to protect them. Are there other chicks in danger?
we didn’t realize the rooster got inside since the door was open, he went into the room where they’re at , uncovered the blanket in where they sleep at night and i’m assuming he attacked them there, he only got to one, the rooster is outside now, our heater isn’t working since the power goes out every 20 minutes, i have him wrapped up next to me

Last edited:
he’s around 10-11 weeks

Back
Top Bottom