Rooster attacked

msw1208

Chirping
6 Years
May 14, 2014
Vallejo, Ca
Hello all,
My 2 1/2 month old silkie was attacked today around 12 by what I believe to be a cat. There's a gash under his left wing, but nothing else that is visible. I thought for sure he was a goner, but when I came back today he was still alive, twitching and shivering. He still can push with his legs and He's eating and drinking water. He has attempted to stand up, but unable to at the moment. He can still maneuver both of his wings, but unable to gain enough balance to stand upright for himself. My question, will he be able to stand again? Is this something that will take him a day or two?
Thank you in advance, everyone has been super helpful and the forums are a blessing!

Sorry to hear, does the wound look deep? If he has a leg injury i would build him a sling so he cant put weight on it. I would make sure he keeps his fluids up and get him some nutri drench or sav a chick.

The wound doesn't look too deep. I'd take a photo, but I don't want to get him so excited right now. Yes, have added vitamins to water. I've been adding a few drops of water on his beak, but he still is uninterested himself.
I didn't see any damage on his legs, and have him propped up on a rolled up bath towel. Should that be enough?

Do you have him in a crate in your house? Have you cleaned and disinfected his wound? He should be kept in an area that is warm and quiet to help him recover.
Yes, he's in a crate in the kitchen all by himself. I haven't cleaned it yet, bad chicken momma needed to go to the feed store for those supplies.

Update. Cleaned his wound, turns out it was more superficial than anything else. He still can't stand, but had a lot of strength in his legs and wings. At this time, I have him in a sling to keep Him upright and off his legs. Is there still a possibility of him recovering? At what point would I know?

Attachments

• 20200117_214558.jpg
    20200117_214558.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom