Rooster attacking the water bucket?

GreenwoodChickadoodledo

In the Brooder
Nov 17, 2020
Our rooster, Xena warrior chicken is only about 9 months old (he has 10 hens to keep him busy). He jumped at my son yesterday when he was adding fresh water. I wasn't around. I thought Xena might just be picking on him because he's smaller. I explained he shouldn't go in the run without me. But I just added fresh water and he definitely jumped at the bucket. I even held the bucket up to the fence once I was out and he jumped at it again. Does anyone else have a rooster who attacks buckets? Is he just getting more aggressive or does the black water bucket offend him? I've heard of attacking roosters but why the bucket?
Thanks for your insight.

Our rooster, Xena warrior chicken is only about 9 months old (he has 10 hens to keep him busy). He jumped at my son yesterday when he was adding fresh water. I wasn't around. I thought Xena might just be picking on him because he's smaller. I explained he shouldn't go in the run without me. But I just added fresh water and he definitely jumped at the bucket. I even held the bucket up to the fence once I was out and he jumped at it again. Does anyone else have a rooster who attacks buckets? Is he just getting more aggressive or does the black water bucket offend him? I've heard of attacking roosters but why the bucket?
Thanks for your insight.
Is the rooster the same color as the bucket, or is the black bucket shiny and the rooster is attacking his reflection?

oh and :welcome

Back
Top Bottom