Rooster attacking the water bucket?

The bucket is not shiny. He can't see his reflection. I'll try another bucket. I just don't want him escalating to attacking us. I'm really hoping it's just the offensive bucket. Otherwise, we might have to add Xena and noodles to a future menu.
Thank you for the ideas!
I wish I recorded it. It was a very impressive Matrix-style attack. That bucket has been out there every day. I guess he finally had enough of being ignored. :lol:

Does he attack the bucket when it's just sitting in the pen? If not, he may be attacking the movement (pouring water, or the swinging handle) vs the bucket itself. By any chance, were you in a hurry or using jerky movements that could have been perceived as extra threatening by matrix-rooster? 😆

how much time has he been around this bucket? Is it a new bucket? Does he only see it during watering times? Have you tried leaving the bucket in the area they are in so he can check it out thoroughly and get used to it?
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I might just put the bucket in their run tomorrow so he can get over it already. :lol: It's not a new bucket.
Thank you for the ideas!

Does he attack you(or any other human) and the bucket when you fill the waterer?
He attacked the bucket yesterday when I was filling the waterer. He kung fu kicked it 3 times. He attacked the bucket when one of my sons filled it the other day. He did scratch my son's leg but that easily could have been because he moved the bucket out of the way. I wasn't there to witness it. No one is allowed in the run anymore unless I'm with them.
I left the bucket in the run this morning before I let them loose. He is eyeballing it some but hasn't attacked it. It must be a movement thing. Maybe it looks like a big black rooster to him. :lol:
I walk in the run every morning to toss some treats and he doesn't attack me. Just when the bucket moves so far. Maybe I should put a hen apron on it like his girls. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom