Rooster attacks!

Really I think maybe (and it is iffy) if you train a rooster all along, you don't have these problems. People who really don't have problems tend to have a LOT of space and multi-generational flocks. I think those are your best odds on getting a good rooster...but not great odds, and certainly nothing like 'if you do this, raise them just so, act like that and you will 100% of the time get a great rooster'

But once they begin attacking, I really think it is too late.

Mrs K

He will most likely be attacking you soon. They work their way up. I would not keep him. A gash is a pretty violent attack.

BE VERY aware who else is going out with the chickens. If they are free ranging he could attack anyone, even a visitor. I know a lot of people seem to want to keep a violent rooster, I just have no idea why. I would not keep a violent dog either.

Mrs K
They do not free-range. I think we may need to cull. This will be our first time.

I have a contained flock so I don't keep a rooster .They need a lot of space which I don't have. I don't free range my hens. I've found its easier to buy pullet chicks instead of keeping a rooster.The're very territorial.

Back
Top Bottom