Rooster Bloody Toe

MEchickenfarmer33

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 29, 2011
Maine
I just noticed today that my rooster has a bloody toe. its his middle toe right foot if that even matters. one of his scales is above the blood and all the blood is dried up. what could have happened to him???

Last edited:
He could have caught it on part of the fencing or tangled it up elsewhere.
Spray some bluecote on it and he'll be just fine
smile.png

I had a hen who broke her toenail... and she bled everywhere!!!!

I just wrapped it up in a cotton ball and electrical tape.

I just noticed today that my rooster has a bloody toe. its his middle toe right foot if that even matters. one of his scales is above the blood and all the blood is dried up. what could have happened to him???

I have a bantam cochin roo who was getting his feathers pecked by my RIR, (RIP), and his foot got so infected that he now has a tumor on his foot. I took him to the vet thinking it was bumble foot, but no, that would be too easy to fix. He has a tumor that short of amputation there is nothing the vet can do. He looks as if he only has two toes but the third is actually under the tumor.

This happened because of another chicken pecking the feathers off of his leg / foot. There was nothing that I could have done to prevent this.
At first I used Blucoat and Nopeck, But it didn't seem to deter the others from doing what they do. He has gotten used to this but I believe it has to be painful at times.

The moral to this is be careful when one of your flock gets a sore or gets cut somehow, because it could turn out to look like the above, Keep all cuts / sores covered as best as possible.

Thanks for the interest and reading my post.

Back
Top Bottom