Rooster body language - looking for info

My Brahma's have a bad case of stink eye!

So Mr. Roopy pants runs really fast whenever he sees me, which is normal for the chickens. but he always trys to be closer than the others. I can't figure out if he is being affectionate or a meanie. Sometimes he slighty droops his wings but no dance. I have gotten a couple of pecks when I tried to pet him but with clear eye contact and an abrupt NO BITE, it seems to have gotten better.

Our little sliky X something small roo scratches in a circle with his head lowered if he is ticked off. Does this if treats are forgotten or after being picked up. It's rater comical he looks like a little 1.5 lb fluff feathered bull. Would be rather disturbing though if he was a big brahma or bared rock roo.

I have a move that I see my rooster do and now I just seen one of my pullets do it and its making me question if its a roo.. Why do they bump into other chickens? for example when i only had one rooster and one hen Bill (the rooster) would kinda run sideways and bumb my hen out of the way as to get to the food i was bringing faster.. Also he would do that to her when id pick her up and then put her down he would bump into her with his body (the side of his body) as to like punish her for allowing me to touch her.. What does that body language mean? is that like i think a aggressive push or punishment or get out of the way? do only roosters do that or do pullets and hen also do that? my pullet tried to do it to me after i picked her up so im confused now lol
hope you can answer this one. thanks

Back
Top Bottom