Rooster breathing congested

ButtonHoarder

Ich bin der knopfe
Premium Feather Member
Sep 11, 2020
Neptune
I have a rooster who is about 2 years old. He free ranges and loves to be around people. Today I noticed his breathing was off, he sounds congested. He is sometimes looking a bit puffed up and unhappy, but other than that he seems fine, eating, drinking as normal. Any ideas on what this could be?

Use the eucalyptus spray for poultry available at most feed stores. Keep him separated from all other chickens immediately. Can be contagious. Usually caused by drafts or dust or mold. Had best luck with congested chicken by putting a eucalyptus steamer in a box with them, cover top of box with towel. It’s a regular steamer from pharmacy, just add the poultry eucalyptus cure. Also 2-3 times a day put eucalyptus oil near but not on nostrils. Also this process takes a while but their breathing can return to normal in a couple of weeks or so.

I have a rooster who is about 2 years old. He free ranges and loves to be around people. Today I noticed his breathing was off, he sounds congested. He is sometimes looking a bit puffed up and unhappy, but other than that he seems fine, eating, drinking as normal. Any ideas on what this could be?
Photos of your rooster and his poop?
A video of his actions may be helpful. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Any mucous in the nostrils, lesions/mucous/canker inside the beak, watery or bubbly eyes, sneezing, etc.?

Photos of your rooster and his poop?
A video of his actions may be helpful. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Any mucous in the nostrils, lesions/mucous/canker inside the beak, watery or bubbly eyes, sneezing, etc.?
Sorry for not getting back to you, I’ve been busy and he seems to be getting better. There was no mucous or any of the things you mentioned, except that his eyes might have been a bit watery.

Back
Top Bottom