Rooster can't stand or walk

Alicrawf914

In the Brooder
Sep 7, 2020
I have a rooster that is about 26 weeks old. I believe he is some kind of silver laced wyandotte mix. Just yesterday we found him laying in the pen. He is unable to stand or walk. If we try to stand him up, he falls back and his feet are stretched out in front of him. When he is laying down he has them out to one side. His legs don't seem injured at all, but are kimd of warm. I included a picture of him from a couple months ago. How can I help him?

Attachments

• 20200804_184134.jpg
    20200804_184134.jpg
    624.9 KB · Views: 33
Although the picture of him from awhile ago is nice, please either take a current picture of him or better yet, upload a video of him to you-tube and attache that on here.
Where is you location?
What are you feeding him?
Any chance he got into something poisonous?

Although the picture of him from awhile ago is nice, please either take a current picture of him or better yet, upload a video of him to you-tube and attache that on here.
Where is you location?
What are you feeding him?
Any chance he got into something poisonous?
We are in Southeastern Pennsylvania. He has been eating an all natural flock maintainer pellet feed. He doesn't free range, so I don't believe he got into anything poisonous. We have him isolated inside the house now.

Here are a couple pictures of him right now. Sorry they aren't the best.

Attachments

• received_354546235665210.jpeg
    received_354546235665210.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 12
  • received_376450233484699.jpeg
    received_376450233484699.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 11
I have a rooster that is about 26 weeks old. I believe he is some kind of silver laced wyandotte mix. Just yesterday we found him laying in the pen. He is unable to stand or walk. If we try to stand him up, he falls back and his feet are stretched out in front of him. When he is laying down he has them out to one side. His legs don't seem injured at all, but are kimd of warm. I included a picture of him from a couple months ago. How can I help him?
26 weeks old
He has been eating an all natural flock maintainer pellet feed.
What is the feed - give us a link to the feed so we can see the analysis.

I would lean very hard toward him having Marek's, but hard to know unless you lose him and get a necropsy through your state lab.

You can try supportive care of giving 1/4 tablet B-Complex once a day to see if there's any improvement. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-great-big-giant-mareks-disease-faq.66077/

Back
Top Bottom