What do your chickens eat ( All food)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics

Pastel the Rooster

Crossing the Road
Apr 22, 2022
Southern Georgia
Hey, so I have two roosters so those of you that are having problems or are looking for good food that all of your poultry can eat, you have come to the right place.

It is best you feed your roosters ( and all other poultry if you have males) All flock. Layer feed can give roosters kidney problems. Every ten hens, you should have one rooster ( more or less). If you go on trips ( this goes for hens and roosters) try to find a nippled water thing. You should have a small bowl with Oyster shell or grit (crushed). Chickens and maybe other poultry ( I do not know because I only have Chickens and Guinea fowl) love to peck at scratch. The scratch my chickens eat has corn, and seeds. They love it. I will give them Flock Party Mealworms In their food so that they have treats every day.
I hope this has helped you.
Ask questions if you have any.

This is prince now after a week and a half before where he got seriously injured by his son. His head and breast had cuts and he was covered in blood. He healed fast thanks to the feed I been giving him. Just sharing.
20220325_164341.jpg

This is prince now after a week and a half before where he got seriously injured by his son. His head and breast had cuts and he was covered in blood. He healed fast thanks to the feed I been giving him. Just sharing.
View attachment 3079426
What a beautiful boy! Glad he is doing better!

For about 5 to 7 years I think we fed all my birds layer feed and scratch until a few months ago I switched to all flock and then oyster shells in the last few weeks. A year ago I was not aware that layer feed was bad for roosters and drakes but now that we switched everyone seems healthier and happier (and I feel better now that they feel better) especially my 8 year old pekin duck "Angel" who has a hard time walking she has been doing a lot better since I switched them to all flock they still get some scratch but that's cause we need to finish a bag of it off.
I have one rooster currently and he is 2 years old, we have had him a little over a year now and we have two cayuga drakes one of them is about 9 years old his name is Chiharu and he is one of our first ducks we ever got, his son Haru is about three years old now. My chickens and ducks free range all day every day and then get locked up after sundown so they get other stuff besides just their feed.

Back
Top Bottom