1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster chasing hens

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mccluckers, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Mccluckers

Mccluckers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    Hi there I have a two year old rooster and he has a harem of three hens and five Pullets I introduced the Pullets two months ago but he still chases them of food and water and will randomly start chasing them around he has also attacked me twice awhile ago but he doesn't anymore what should I do?

Thanks in advance[​IMG]

2. collingwood

collingwood Chillin' With My Peeps

My rooster did this I think it's just him trying to mate with your hens but I'm not sure! How long has this been going?

3. coffeychicks

coffeychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2013
    moncks corner s
    How old are the pullets if they are not laying yet he will not see them as hens once they start to mature and lay this will change

4. collingwood

collingwood Chillin' With My Peeps

is this really true because if it is I didn't know that!

5. coffeychicks

coffeychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2013
    moncks corner s
    That is how my roosters act when I introduced young pullets. But once they matured and started laying he became lover boy

6. Mccluckers

Mccluckers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    Ok thanks guys they have been in their for two months they are around the age to start laying but I don't know if they will start in winter?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by