Rooster Chat

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cluckcluckluke, Jul 8, 2014.

1. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Looks like a Millie Fleur d'uccle, long name, little chicken

2. cabinchicky

cabinchicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2013
    ohio
    oldhenlikesdogs, what types of birds do you have? Are your males separated? I have two adult males one standard EE and one banty EE in one coop that they share.

3. Folly's place

Folly's place Chicken Obsessed

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    He's a Belgian d'Uccle, if he has muffs, or a Belgian Booted Bantam if no muffs. Most likely. Mary

4. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I have 2 BO, 1 white crested blue polish named Fabio, one barnvelder, in bantams, I have 3 porcelain D'uccle, 3 bantam columbian Cochins, 1 white frizzle Cochin mix, the young ones are mottled Cochin bantam. They all run free, squabble here and there, more in spring, 4 of the bantams don't have any hens, but they try to entice them, I have around 50 hens, big and small. As you can see I like roosters.

5. Rudies Roost

Rudies Roost Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2015
    Solihull, UK
    [​IMG]

Here's my RIR rooster (with some of his ladies), checking out his latest offspring. ..He's a bit of a devil with my daughter but generally ok (ish) behaved. I do hope this chick is not a male. Whilst on this thread...can I integrate another cock (if this chick is male?) into a flock from a young age or would you peeps advise against it? Advice gratefully received

6. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    [​IMG] my three favorites

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  7. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

x2 on the DU'ccle rooster

They all look great.

Yeah if you raise that young chick with the flock then if it is a rooster your RIR should out him into place as the new comer gets older.

8. cabinchicky

Nov 8, 2013
    ohio
    Oldhenlikesdogs, wow! You have a nice variety!!I like the roos as well but I don't have more than 2 adults. Have a young 3 month old blue cochin who put my 1 yr. old cochin hen to the corner today. she is so very timid.[​IMG]

9. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Those little kids are adorable, yeah they can be poops when they're growing up, sometimes they end up in jail for bothering my girls, always some drama with chickens, but it keeps it interesting.

10. cabinchicky

Nov 8, 2013
    ohio
    He has just turned red combed two weeks ago but I could not add her to his group before. we just placed them in the new coop and I really think I may add her and my feisty brahma tomorrow. If that doesn't work I am going to grab my banty roo to teach lil guy some manners. if I can catch Lurch I mean, he likes to fly off.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by