Rooster Chat

Pics
I would leave your rooster alone unless it would bother you if something took him. He should eventually come back out.

Never tried pink sandals in my coop. No problem with flip flops being worn,only a peck to the toes if red nail Polish is on. Thing I have to watch is picking eggs out of boxes and a curious hen pecking my ear rings. Had one once not let go after I had just added a new cartilage hoop. Owwwwww!

The rooster dynamics of my flock are undergoing a bit of a change...my top roo Larry (black Silkie) was toppled by BoBo (blue partrige Brhama), BoBo worked his way up through Roger (white rock) and Roscoe (Cream Legbar) .....I figured things were going to stay with BoBo at the top...what with Larry hiding out inside the coop and having gone all but silent...I was feeling sorry for him...till I started to hear him crowing off and on again...he sounds like something is choking him while he's crowing, always has! Funniest thing you've ever heard! Anyway he's not hiding anymore and I witnessed him facing off with BoBo...they didn't fight....but it looked like Boo blinked first...Good old Larry! He was down but not out! Love that Ugly Fuzz Ball!

Your coop is so pretty!! Mine is an old shed from the 1920s that has so much potential to be pretty if only it wasn't patched together with baling twine and odd scraps of board. I've been meaning to give it a paint job at least, but it feels like a futile exercise at the moment.

Thank you. My husband & I enjoyed building it. We are always building something. At the moment the half bath is gutted & we are putting beadboard on the walls. Took out & will replace all of the tile too. Sometimes I feel I am getting a little long in the tooth for this. But after the aches & pains I really do enjoy it.

Oh I bet that old shed could really be something. I love old things & old buildings. It is really more of a passion. That is the look I am doing in the house even down to painted floors. You cannot capture the look of old wood. As you get the time, restore it.....it would be beautiful.

They had the same reaction to those silly sandals last summer and I didn't remember that it was a banned color in the coop along with red. It was't the toes that bothered them. They hated the hot pink color of those sandals and still do. Funny thing is that the hens don't seem to mind any color. Just the roosters.

I have an ear cartilage piercing also. Ouch indeed.

I don't have troubles with my chickens as far as footwear, but my turkeys will notice everything and will want to peck things, your sandles would be eaten at my house.

I think my Harry roo is regressing since the chicks are running with them. He is eating like a hog....trying to hog up their feed. New Hamps are huge eaters to begin with. I am now filling 2 bowls, in different places in the yard, I don't know how many times a day & you would think he hadn't had anything to eat in days. Just being right down selfish. And since the chicks are getting so much attention he wants more attention too....big baby.

I cab hardly get Zeus to eat bread ir any of his treats he is not a big eater (whixh i hate),unless he is being fed away from the girls he likes to share abd the girls just grab ut right fron his mouth.

They had the same reaction to those silly sandals last summer and I didn't remember that it was a banned color in the coop along with red. It was't the toes that bothered them. They hated the hot pink color of those sandals and still do. Funny thing is that the hens don't seem to mind any color. Just the roosters.

I have an ear cartilage piercing also. Ouch indeed. 
Yes ouch indeed, I have double cartilage CBRS and one got her beak tangled for a few seconds then she popped out the ball. Great feeling having a bantam EE dangle from yourear.

Back
Top Bottom