Rooster comb and wattles overtaken by white growth, please help!

The tips of my black sex links combs look like they're turning white....it's not cold out what could be the issue?

When I first got her a month ago

Now...

Hi Farrukh, Thanks for your advice. Could you plz explain the method to give Vitamin A injection to the rooster.Means should it me given with drinking water or IV?

My Sicilian Buttercup rooster also has something white crusty, lumpy looking on his side wattles. And my hen of the same breed also has it. None of my other chickens has this. When I looked at it the first thing I thought was some type of yeast. They are both hard to get close to to get a really good look because they're very quick.

Attachments

• 20170527_090250.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
Thanks ladies for the suggestions. From what I can gather on the internet it may be FAVUS, which is a fungal infection. Does anyone know anything about Favus in poultry? and any home remedies to help it? I've called 3 vets that say they do not deal with chickens. So I feel like I might have to try some home remedies to help him.
any over the counter anti-fungal creams...

Aw, poor boy! Everyone else has some good suggestions, I'm really not sure. The comb turns white when blood isn't flowing through it. Perhaps the entire comb is dead. When he heals, I'd dub him to eliminate the current and any future problems. Such a shame, he's very handsome, but a good deal of the comb looks dead, and it'd be better to lose his comb than his life if an infection sets in. You could dub him like and Old English so he still has part of his comb. The OE dub is a very pretty cut for a bird, at least I think so.
PLEASE DO NOT DUB YOUR BIRDS!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom