Rooster Compacted nostril

joanne6

Hatching
Oct 26, 2021
Hi I hope someone can help me to figure out how to remove this hard impact from my rooster’s left nostril.. I have tried warm water, hydrogen peroxide and it doesn’t really soften enough to get out. I’m afraid to hurt him. Any ideas? Maybe I’m not setting it enough. Is this a growth from within? Can someone identify this issue, any help would be appreciated. Thank you .

Attachments

• 553823B7-4D67-464C-AF50-B83BAFCB65E3.jpeg
    553823B7-4D67-464C-AF50-B83BAFCB65E3.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 10
  • CBBA779E-3447-47EE-A85D-C416D740C3F4.jpeg
    CBBA779E-3447-47EE-A85D-C416D740C3F4.jpeg
    409.3 KB · Views: 1
What does the inside of his beak look like?

You may have to work on it in stages. Apply 1 drop of Peroxide, then remove a small amount with an Orange Stick (cuticle stick).

How long has it been like this?

Hi I hope someone can help me to figure out how to remove this hard impact from my rooster’s left nostril.. I have tried warm water, hydrogen peroxide and it doesn’t really soften enough to get out. I’m afraid to hurt him. Any ideas? Maybe I’m not setting it enough. Is this a growth from within? Can someone identify this issue, any help would be appreciated. Thank you .
If there's a foul odor coming from the mouth, it's canker and will need medication to treat it.

Yes I have been using warm water with VX and a little coconut oil to see if it loosens,
I pick at it with a toothpick but doesnt seem to budge. today i spent 1/2 hour just wetting it and trying to get at it but no luck.. I tried warm water with the peroxide another day and nothing at all..
The inside of his beak looks fine, he has some issues with his beak since birth, it splits on both sides like fangs.
I'll keep trying i guess :/ He's been like this for about 2 weeks, eats and behaves normally otherwise.

What does the inside of his beak look like?

You may have to work on it in stages. Apply 1 drop of Peroxide, then remove a small amount with an Orange Stick (cuticle stick).

How long has it been like that?

The inside of his beak looks fine, he has some issues with his beak since birth, it splits on both sides like fangs.
I'll keep trying i guess :/ He's been like this for about 2 weeks, eats and behaves normally otherwise.
Try working it out of the split first.
I don't see how he's eating very well, it looks like the hardened food (I assume) is caked up enough to where he can't close his beak.

Does he eat wet mash?

Back
Top Bottom