Rooster Coup d'etat - would you intervene?

That's good to hear about the crosses!

Ugh, I should have known better. The buyer backed out and now I have someone telling me I can't call them "game" because of the rosecomb. I honestly don't know and 45 minutes of searching for standards hasn't gotten me anywhere.

I put both extra guys in the old coop until either someone wants them or I find something else to do with them. I don't suppose it's a bad deal for just two chickens cooped in the smaller space. In the past I've given unwanted cockerels to a guy that makes dog food.... hate to do that to Pecks though.

That's good to hear about the crosses!

Ugh, I should have known better. The buyer backed out and now I have someone telling me I can't call them "game" because of the rosecomb. I honestly don't know and 45 minutes of searching for standards hasn't gotten me anywhere.

I put both extra guys in the old coop until either someone wants them or I find something else to do with them. I don't suppose it's a bad deal for just two chickens cooped in the smaller space. In the past I've given unwanted cockerels to a guy that makes dog food.... hate to do that to Pecks though.

Some games do have rose combs. Look up Spanish Game and you will be able to find some from reputable breeders with rose combs. You have two types of parties interested in games. First is likely the ones from which you are reliant upon for description. They look at games for show. The second is the older type that fights them and has a broader definition. Your prospective buyer can not make call based on comb type alone. I would not call them game because mother was not.

I would keep Pecks in his own pen that you make so other roosters can not see into. Make a pet of him. He could serve as backup rooster in the event you loose others or want to restart.

Back
Top Bottom