Rooster crow "echoing...?!"

erineliot

Chirping
Jul 10, 2022
So, I could write a bunch of words, but I really think the video speaks for itself! I waited a day to post to see if maybe it stopped, but it definitely has not. He's happy and (seemingly) healthy, currently checking out his handsome reflection in the dishwasher's collection of clean, silver cutlery waiting to be put away. But this "echo" is definitely new and appears to be sticking around.

Also, on a side note, (I still need to research, but) any suggestions on why his comb is always dry and peeling? Is it maybe because he is growing, or possibly insufficient diet? He does have a history of fowl pox, but has yet to cause any serious outbreaks/scar tissue.

So, I could write a bunch of words, but I really think the video speaks for itself! I waited a day to post to see if maybe it stopped, but it definitely has not. He's happy and (seemingly) healthy, currently checking out his handsome reflection in the dishwasher's collection of clean, silver cutlery waiting to be put away. But this "echo" is definitely new and appears to be sticking around.

There is another rooster answering him.

There is another rooster answering him.
Yes, haha. That is my outdoor one. But no, the sound I am referring to comes straight from his little throat immediately after the initial crow. It's happeneds dozens of times since, with each crow. My wife had to hear it in person for the video to make clearer sense. I will try to get a better video of it today, especially since our outdoor rooster isn't directly outside today competing for air rights.

Yes, haha. That is my outdoor one. But no, the sound I am referring to comes straight from his little throat immediately after the initial crow. It's happeneds dozens of times since, with each crow. My wife had to hear it in person for the video to make clearer sense. I will try to get a better video of it today, especially since our outdoor rooster isn't directly outside today competing for air rights.
Right, your writing about the after warble. It is funny, but it is also quite common and with the roosters that I've known has absolutely no relevance to their overall health.

Right, your writing about the after warble. It is funny, but it is also quite common and with the roosters that I've known has absolutely no relevance to their overall health.
I love to hear that! Thank you! So it's called a warble? That's quite adorable.

He started it almost immediately after taking many stealth sips of my La Croix. I was worried it broke him. We are also experiencing, within the same time frame, a cool front, a molt, and a dry comb. Wasn't sure if maybe he just needed a good sauna sesh.

I love to hear that! Thank you! So it's called a warble? That's quite adorable.

He started it almost immediately after taking many stealth sips of my La Croix. I was worried it broke him. We are also experiencing, within the same time frame, a cool front, a molt, and a dry comb. Wasn't sure if maybe he just needed a good sauna sesh.
Pretty sure roosters don't do saunas.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom