Rooster crowing all night

Deenok

Songster
Jun 17, 2020
West Virginia
My roo is a year old and crows every 20ish minuites all night long and has for 6 months. Their coop is preditor proof with plenty of ventalation and protection from the wind. Google says these are the common problem yet all is well. What could ot be with my sweet boy

Anytime my boys see a light, whether it's me going out with a flashlight or someone in the gated community on the other side of the road turns on a porch light, one of my boys will start up and the others always join in. If they hear something, they start. They're right outside my bedroom so I hear them all night long but it's not constant. They do start crowing in the morning about an hour before first light and it continues until everyone is out and about.

If they hear something, like the neighbors dog passing through their area, they will start crowing. I usually check on them if they keep it up or if I hear them alert. Do you have a motion sensor light? It could be anything. I stopped running out everytime but I do listen for more than normal commotion.
@Deenok

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom