Rooster crowing in urban area

Sadly, no it really did not work (did for about 3 days....then Smokey figured out the could still let out a good crow). So, it was just bring the small (cat size) crate into the back mud room of the house until 7:00 am. Well that was a royal pain, so I went with the no crow collar, used it high on the neck, low on the neck, and it did a somewhat ok job, but I really felt that a rooster should just be able to be a rooster! Next, Craigslist - by that evening both my roosters went on to a 16
oops, 16 acre farm with about 50 pullets to watch over. Now, I learned an important lesson-my hens are so happy, and I am stress free. Hope my little story helps!

Hello,
I am raising a few chicks right now and at least one of them are guaranteed to be roosters. They are still young and haven’t started to crow yet, and I live in an urban area. When they do grow up, I would like to try keep them as they can help protect my other chickens from predators. Are there any way that I can prepare or do to decrease their crowing or crowing volume when they grow up?
Thanks.
I have two in the middle of the city and several ducks and no ones complained. Have good neighbors!

Back
Top Bottom