Rooster Crowing Observations

Six roosters here, one of which is roosting in my house on a temporary basis.
Occasionaly I here some of the others crow at night but mostly they start when the light improves. The sick note in my house has been very considerate and doesn't start until after 0630.

just so everyone remembers he's alive and fabulous.
This is hilarious! 🤣 🤣 🤣

I live in the woods. I have neighbors about 1/3 mile away. They say they can't hear them. I say they must have good insulation.

Whenever my little guy (and I do mean little - he's under 2 lbs) goes on and on, I just remind him: "Picotee! You were supposed to be a girl!"

I do love him so, the ornery little Napoleon...

Six roosters here, one of which is roosting in my house on a temporary basis.
Occasionaly I here some of the others crow at night but mostly they start when the light improves. The sick note in my house has been very considerate and doesn't start until after 0630.
That's thoughtful of him! Hope your fella is ok. Your rooster stories and insights are my favorite!

I have one cockrel so far who is crowing and dominant. He started maturing VERY EARLY....EXTREMELY EARLY...he is head and shoulders ahead of my others and he crows on a whim....could be 4 AM....6 Am...9 Am...noon...2pm...6pm...hes also starting to really develop that true rooster voice...and hes only 3 months old. Im in shock...

Attachments

• 20210117_144444.jpg
    20210117_144444.jpg
    946 KB · Views: 10
I have one cockrel so far who is crowing and dominant. He started maturing VERY EARLY....EXTREMELY EARLY...he is head and shoulders ahead of my others and he crows on a whim....could be 4 AM....6 Am...9 Am...noon...2pm...6pm...hes also starting to really develop that true rooster voice...and hes only 3 months old. Im in shock...

What breed is he?

I will say...so far...hes very friendly and hope he stays that way. He fusses a bit when hes first held, but settles down nicely and actually comes up to me often and tugs at my glove.

Nice. One of my Blue Australorp hens laid her first egg 10 days before the California White.
Are Australorps known for maturing early? I am pretty sure I have at least 1 more cockrel...but hes maturing at a much slower rate. I also have 3 Buff Brahma cockrels...pretty sure...but I know they are very slow maturing birds.

Back
Top Bottom