Rooster doesn't like my son - opinions please!!

Chickenlady0622

Hatching
Mar 14, 2016
Hello,

Our rooster just started acting strange around our 5 year old. He walks back and forth alone the fence of their pen whenever our son is around it. It all started when he tried to pick the rooster up, a couple of weeks ago. I could tell the rooster wasn't happy so I told him to leave the rooster alone. I'm thinking the rooster might have seen my son as a threat?? And of course our son is very loud sometimes when he is near the pen, could this be the reason the rooster is acting this way? The rooster has never showed any aggression before.... I'd hate to have to let him go but if that's what's necessary I will.

Also our rooster just turned a year old. Not sure if age has anything to do with it... This is our first time keeping a rooster, so I am kinda new to how they react to different things.

Thanks!!!!

Hello,

Our rooster just started acting strange around our 5 year old. He walks back and forth alone the fence of their pen whenever our son is around it. It all started when he tried to pick the rooster up, a couple of weeks ago. I could tell the rooster wasn't happy so I told him to leave the rooster alone. I'm thinking the rooster might have seen my son as a threat?? And of course our son is very loud sometimes when he is near the pen, could this be the reason the rooster is acting this way? The rooster has never showed any aggression before.... I'd hate to have to let him go but if that's what's necessary I will.

Also our rooster just turned a year old. Not sure if age has anything to do with it... This is our first time keeping a rooster, so I am kinda new to how they react to different things.

Thanks!!!!

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to the flock!!

it's common for a rooster who's sexually mature to become aggressive. it's not necessarily that your son is seen as a thread it's more as a challenge. he may or may not start acting the same toward others as well.

Thank you!! I love this website already
wee.gif

I will keep an eye on his behavior. He might just become dinner
lol.png
can't have a aggressive rooster running around.

Back
Top Bottom