Rooster fighting a peacock.

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Ashburnham, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Ashburnham

Ashburnham Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is an interesting incident I just filmed.
    My old White Leghorn-ish rooster is a perfect gentleman, very calm
    and gentle, but he cannot abide the peacock coming into his run!
    He is the only rooster I have ever seen who can consistently beat my 20 year old peacock in a fight.
    (even the Guineas wouldnt take him on)

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    That is just sad, neither one of them can truly escape from each other, i would put the pea in his own pen to make sure someone does not loose an eye or worse.

I have a rooster that fights with the male ducks here cause he thinks he is a duck, he has put the eye out on 2 of my male muscoveys in the last 5 years, the only reason he is still here and not used for dog food is because he is the best lookout for the ducks that i have out on the ponds away from the LGD and he is wonderful with the baby ducks and keeps close watch of them as all my birds are totally freeranged here .

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I'm afraid to watch it...

4. Ashburnham

Ashburnham Chillin' With My Peeps

The peacock roams the whole property- he is free to go where he likes.

5. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    My apologies, when my peas want to stay in a fight they walk sideways to wards whatever they are wanting to spar with, your fellow looked like he wanted to get away but couldn't, i guess mine have never been penned except as babies so i really do not know what they would do in a pen with other birds.

Just goes to show me that not all things are as they seem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by