Rooster flapping his wings

peafowl_Lover

Songster
Aug 22, 2023
Ireland
Hi I have a 6 month old rooster, his name is Pablo and he's a white leghorn, recently when he walks around he flaps his wings and makes a clapping noise with them

Why does he do it?
Thanks

If you have small children, I would keep them away from him. It is a sign of aggression. Is he giving you the stink eye? Does he crow excessively when you enter the coop? Does he jump up on things to make himself taller? These are all signs of aggression and he be be working up to an attack.

No he doesn't crow much, he's not giving me the stink eye he jumps up on to my shoulder and sits there happily. The only thing he does is chases me, if I run in their run he will chase after me and peck my boot but he's usually very sweet and let's me pick him up.

Flogging is not when they are flapping at you. Flogging is when a male takes to the air and flies towards you, trying to spur you in the process.
I consider it flogging when they strike you with their wings. I didn’t realize it had to be an airborne attack to be considered flogging. I may have to look at the definition of it and see if I’ve been using the word wrong.

Back
Top Bottom