Rooster Help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Knight1992, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Knight1992

Knight1992 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2012
    For a rooster that has vitamin b12 problems i sent off and got roosterbooster vitamin b12 plus k and vitamin with electolytes will that help with a vitamin problem and can a vitamin problem cause a rooster to stop standing walking and loosing weight

2. JD

JD Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    Tennessee
    Can vitamin b12 help with the walking problem? I have a silver phonix that I'm treating with baby vitamins/without iron and vitamin E that is having trouble walking on his elbows or shanks. He is about 6 months old and has always been poorly. But he is also lively and eats and drinks well. I don't think it's meriks or my other chickens out of 60 would be showing symtoms too. I had another phonix get down a month ago with same symtoms and we had to put him down. They are caged birds and all the females are doing fine. So thats why I was wondering if the b12 will work. Is that what you are treating for with that?

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Vitamins are something I would try first, if not working, I might think mold, or possibly Marek's since now two of yours have had the same symptoms.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by