Rooster & hen . . . What breed are we?

clacasse88

Songster
10 Years
Sep 13, 2009
41128_mpc_mystery_roo.jpg

41128_mpc_mystery_rooster.jpg

The ears are very very light blue (like my silkies)

41128_mpc_mystery_hen.jpg

They are 15 weeks old. It was very difficult getting a good picture as they are very flighty!

Standard assortment from MPC. I've cross referenced their chicks on their website and just can't seem to figure it out. I know they don't breed them & use other hatcheries.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi! I was going to forward you these pics. after. You saved me an email : )

These are the ones you emailed me before and I just asked you earlier this week if yours were changing their colors. So you do see a similiarity.

Last edited:
It's funny that the black one has the very light blue ears and the splash one appears more on the whitish side. Very different colors.

It's funny, I actually recognized your birds before looking at your screen-name! I just noticed today that my black one is starting to get speckles as well..... but I still think they're Andalusians. At least that's what Karen from MPC said, and it's what they most resemble from the MPC site. However, they did sub "something" for the light brahma I ordered and no one, including the MPC people, can ID her. So I guess there's always room for error.

I'm curious. Did you order a rooster or was yours a surprise like mine?

Mine was strictly a standard assortment. I am planning on sending pictures to MPC next week. I just hadn't gotten great pictures to send. I'll have to double check the andalusian. I wasn't convinced that's what it is, esp. with the ear coloring.

Back
Top Bottom