1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster in need of rehoming~ CA

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by CherriesBrood, May 4, 2016.

1. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer

Hello, I have a rooster that is in need of rehoming. He is about a year old and is a very good protector, and takes very good care of his ladies! He's not that docile to me, but he does love it when you sit and offer him a treat, he'll take it right out of your hand. He is a mix between a Cuckoo maran and golden laced wayndotte.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I do not want him going to a home that will use him as meat. I live about an hour away from Sacramento in California in the foothill region. Please send me a private message or email me at [email protected] if you are interested. Thanks for your time. :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  2. chicken4prez

chicken4prez Chillin' With My Peeps

Awww! I would LOVE to have them but we can't have roosters where we are and you are too far away.

3. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, Cherry, I'm not trying to contradict what your friend told you, but I actually think the BCM looks a pullet. [​IMG] It's whatever you want to do, but I would actually watch him/her for a couple more weeks. Marseilles also had a pinkish comb/wattles at the same age, and she's a hen.

~Alex

4. Alexandra33

Here she was at about 7 weeks, younger than your baby:
    [​IMG]
    ~Alex

5. CherriesBrood

Hi Alex, thanks for you advice. :) This is actually an older picture of these guys. The BCM has since gotten a big red comb and waddles, I just didn't have any time to get some new pictures. :p

@chicken4prez Thank you. :)

6. Alexandra33

Oh, okay! Ha ha, sorry! [​IMG]I guess I was just trying to look out for you. [​IMG]

~Alex

7. CherriesBrood

Haha, aww thanks. :hugs

8. chickenzooo

chickenzooo Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2016
    Grand Bay, AL
    Would you be willing to ship?

9. CherriesBrood

No, I'm sorry. I'm afraid something might happen to them, I can't ship my birds.

10. Serenity06

Serenity06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2015
    South Alabama
    That's a beautiful Cuckoo Marans GLW mix, but I'm too far away to take him. :/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by