Rooster...in the...nesting box!?!?!?!

My roosters go in and out all the time. They seem to love to just relax and lay in it for awhile. Kind of like they are saying give me a break.
lau.gif

Our Charlie makes nests for the girls often. He makes these funny sounds when he's doing it. Then if one of the girls starts using the nest to lay, he stands watch and continues to make these low sounds. I can hear him in person, but when I try to record it you can't hear him on the recording.

absolutely to all of the above. My main roo's the one's I call the good boys take care of their girls in every way. When a young hen needs someone to watch her so she can lay an egg in piece, a roo stands next to her nest. When the boys find a good meal while free ranging, they call the girls over, then step asside so the girls can eat 1st. My boys also sing the egg song, just louder!

See mine isn't....if mine was a human he'd be a player. Lets put it like that LOL! He's quite prude to the hens sometimes...plays with them too, pretending like he's gonna take a ride then decides against it leaving the girls staring at me like...are you serious!? Ugh! And he sits in the nest they don't use! They have 3 for them all and they only use the one! In that coop there's only 5 of them. They don't free range because King doesn't play well with others. And I'd rather he didn't chase our visitors off Bahahahhaa!!! Its just so silly. Maybe he does have a soft side afterall!!!

My white crested polish roo sleeps on top of the boxes every night with his top girl! I think it's cute, weird and funny
idunno.gif
!! he has never sat in it just sleeps on top!!!!!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom