Rooster integration

I’m torn now, but I do want a good flock! However he’d be the only rooster & just have his 6 girls… maybe given that he’d be a great boy? & maybe I’m crazy! I’m new to this lol I feel like I can’t get rid of him without seeing for myself I guess

Uh no. Aggressive roosters are simply aggressive. They don't improve with a small flock, especially with "young, dumb ones" who are not experienced enough to keep him in check.

A year of age is still young for a rooster. My mature hens severely haze my silly teens, but I have trouble with the younger teen girls being harassed. I don't keep any that show any aggression to me, other animals, or any harshness with the hens. It simply isn't worth breeding forward headaches.

My thoughts.
LofMc

Uh no. Aggressive roosters are simply aggressive. They don't improve with a small flock, especially with "young, dumb ones" who are not experienced enough to keep him in check.

A year of age is still young for a rooster. My mature hens severely haze my silly teens, but I have trouble with the younger teen girls being harassed. I don't keep any that show any aggression to me, other animals, or any harshness with the hens. It simply isn't worth breeding forward headaches.

My thoughts.
LofMc
Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom