Rooster is getting rough

cpolash

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2017
So this morning my rooster has been getting rough with my hens. He has been grabbing them by the back of the neck and trying to mount them. Does this mean my hens should be ready to lay soon? Or does it mean he is a typical male? Lol if i can rememer right they should be six months in two months. But of coarse i have a horrible memory so can remember exactly when we got them.

This means he is a Rooster! lol

How old/young are you girls?
Could you post a few pictures of them?
We might be able to help you figure out if they are getting close to laying.

The exact age isn't really a determining factor in whether or not they are ready to lay, but in case you want to know for other reasons, the a high probability that there is a nice, time stamped picture of them in your phone from the day you got the chicks.

14964204788611322386765.jpg
14964203444872048573008.jpg

The exact age isn't really a determining factor in whether or not they are ready to lay, but in case you want to know for other reasons, the a high probability that there is a nice, time stamped picture of them in your phone from the day you got the chicks.

My phone is my only source of camera and doesnt have time stamp on it. I will look deeper into my pictures maybe some where i can find something

My phone is my only source of camera and doesnt have time stamp on it. I will look deeper into my pictures maybe some where i can find something
My phone is where I take pictures too. If You go to the "details" of the picture it should give a date. Mine does anyway. I'm NOT a tech savy person, so you'rs could be different. I don't know

My phone is where I take pictures too. If You go to the "details" of the picture it should give a date. Mine does anyway. I'm NOT a tech savy person, so you'rs could be different. I don't know
Me either so could be why i have never found anything before lol thank you

Me either so could be why i have never found anything before lol thank you
Found it march 3rd was when we got them i never new they had that info on my phone thank you for teaching sonething new!!

They usually start laying at 6 months
That's what i have been told i couldnt remember when i got them. I was reading some take more time and some take less depending on breed. My rooster was a opps rooster they were all suppose to be layers when we got them from tsc.

Back
Top Bottom