Rooster just starting to stumble

gavsr

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 23, 2012
Hi there

Our 5 month old rooster, Speedy, has recently developed a stumble when he walks, like he loses balance momentariliy. He lives with the couple of hens you see in the below video. They are fine and show no sign of the stumble.
He seems fine other than the occasional stumble. Crows and performs like a regular rooster.
The only other symptom I can see is that his legs and feet, normal quite black, have become rather pale and grey.

The video below shows him stumbling at the very beginning and then again a bit later on.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Yesterday, I discovered my beloved rooster, Albert, stumbling around and unable to balance... like he was "drunk". He's very unsteady and lethargic. Gave him an eyedropper of olive oil and later some oatmeal... he ate reluctantly.This morning I notice he had a yellow, runny, poop (which may have been due to the Olive Oil). He's able to stand but is mighty wobbly. Any ideas out there?

BTW: Albert is a Leghorn, he has four girls in his flock, 3 Rhode Island Reds, and a Buff Orpington.

BTW2:GAVSR, can you please "un-privatize" that video so that we can view it?

My Albert is definitely NOT doing the "mating dance", he's very lethargic and if he stands at all is very wobbly.

Any ideas, anyone?

Lol - thanks Eggsoteric. My sister who has kept chickens for a while pegged it as this as well - she described the symptoms to the tee.
What's most amusing is that he does this around my wife! Perhaps I'd better have a word with Speedy to set him straight....
He's the first rooster we've had and I have heard that they can definitely tell a male person from a female person. Is this true?

Hoping that someone can provide you with some answers Pollo Mama!

Back
Top Bottom