Rooster keeps pecking me.

he tried to challenge me again today (his little sidestep) I confronted it and chased him around the coop, then he pecked my arm and broke the skin so I kept his body still with one hand and held his head to the ground with the other until he lowered his body to the ground on his own.
( held it to the ground just so the tip of his beak was touching wasn't pinning his entire head to the ground)

ive done this a few times but this was the first time he has lowered his body, am i getting somewhere ?

I wouldn't chase him because he might run towards you one of these days. Try a stick as your weapon of choice and his aggression will be to the stick. I hope your arm is ok

I have a 6month Barred Rock rooster that has turned aggressive. We carry an umbrella around and he keeps his distance. I am only keeping him around because he is a good rooster for his 9 hens. If I decide to overwinter the chickens then he is history. Can't imagine going in that small henhouse and dealing with him!

We now carry an umbrella around and my rooster respects it. But will get rid of him in the winter. No way my umbrella will fit in the hen house!🤣 It's too bad as he is a terrific rooster with his hens and very beautiful.

Update on my rowdy rooster buddy. He has been much better lately, I think his well-behaved brother is rubbing off on him
Did your buddy ever settle down as he got older? I've got an australorp that was super sweet but is going through the teen phase now. His brother is still very docile. I'm hoping he goes back to being friendly after the hormones regulate.

Back
Top Bottom