Rooster lets out a long high pitched sound

agarnp

Songster
Jul 20, 2022
My rooster will make this sound at least a couple times a day ... its a long very high-pitched sound -sort of like the sound coming from a balloon when you pinch it at the cuff to allow pressured air to come out slowly. I have no idea what this is--have some of you that have Roosters heard this? He crows beautifully but this screatchy sound is sad almost painful sounding. He is a very healthy big RIR and very protective of his hens.

I have heard this sound and it seems to me to convey a warning like " hold up! I think I see something"
When someone makes it, " hens make it too" everyone kind of pauses what ever they are doing and looks around.
Just what I have concluded and observed over the years.
Interesting...I think he may be overly vigilant. thanks!

My rooster will make this sound at least a couple times a day ... its a long very high-pitched sound -sort of like the sound coming from a balloon when you pinch it at the cuff to allow pressured air to come out slowly. I have no idea what this is--have some of you that have Roosters heard this? He crows beautifully but this screatchy sound is sad almost painful sounding. He is a very healthy big RIR and very protective of his hens.
I noticed that when my ruru makes that noise it's just a long shrill kind of high-pitched but it just stays one tone doesn't get no higher than it I'll realize it's because I feel It's his curiosity of not really sure and being unsure of what he's looking at.... But my Roku he's an indoor ruru free roaming in the house goes outside with the dogs come back soon with the dogs obviously we're his flock. But a notice most when I sit down and one spot that he stares at me and if something just doesn't seem right to him or he's curious he makes that noise..

Back
Top Bottom