Rooster limping and spur has turned black

I am quite new, But could he be getting bullied? With the comb and black spur, I wonder if he could be getting bit? And these are signs of bruising?

Have you examined his thigh joint? He could have pulled a muscle or dislocated something. Could he have injured himself while jumping off the roost bar?

Have you examined his thigh joint? He could have pulled a muscle or dislocated something. Could he have injured himself while jumping off the roost bar?
I have examined him nothing seems out of the ordinary he keeps sitting down and shutting his eyes, very lethargic could this be because of the pain?

Looks like he may have knocked the outer sheath off the spur, there's a bit of crustiness where it connects the leg.
If you move the spur, does he seem to indicate discomfort?

It's been a day or so, so look over the leg and toes really well for any hint of green bruising or swelling.

Sitting down, lethargy, eyes closed - he's not well.

Look him over for lice/mites, get some photos of his poop. Move him to his own space with food/water - watch to see that he's drinking and that his crop is emptying overnight. He needs to drink, food not so important.

If the foot is not showing a lot of swelling, then I'd wrap it with vet wrap. Wrap all the way up past the spur to help stabilize. Take care the wraps are not too tight, and the leg/foot needs to be checked frequently to ensure they are not getting too tight and that there's no swelling.

Looks like he may have knocked the outer sheath off the spur, there's a bit of crustiness where it connects the leg.
If you move the spur, does he seem to indicate discomfort?

It's been a day or so, so look over the leg and toes really well for any hint of green bruising or swelling.

Sitting down, lethargy, eyes closed - he's not well.

Look him over for lice/mites, get some photos of his poop. Move him to his own space with food/water - watch to see that he's drinking and that his crop is emptying overnight. He needs to drink, food not so important.

If the foot is not showing a lot of swelling, then I'd wrap it with vet wrap. Wrap all the way up past the spur to help stabilize. Take care the wraps are not too tight, and the leg/foot needs to be checked frequently to ensure they are not getting too tight and that there's no swelling.
This is a picture of his poop
3F90A719-9A04-4F06-BBD1-C65192AED0DE.jpeg

His comb goes purple and the. I give him water and food and it changes within 5 minutes I have ordered vet wrap and there is no bruising. I think he may have lice I couldn’t get a proper look.

This is a picture of his poop View attachment 3528785
His comb goes purple and the. I give him water and food and it changes within 5 minutes I have ordered vet wrap and there is no bruising. I think he may have lice I couldn’t get a proper look.
Sounds like you need to gather him up and give him a good examination.

Make food/water reachable and available during waking hours. If he's housed by himself make sure he's got shade.

Back
Top Bottom