Rooster needs a name

Vanilla Gorilla

Songster
5 Years
Oct 4, 2017
Utah
I have been having problems in my flock with feather plucking and overall stir crazy behavior. My flock was starting to get a little beyond neurotic. I tried pinless peepers, and hen saddles - they both helped. When I thought the problem had gone away I removed both the peepers and the saddles, and the behavior and aggression among the hens immediately returned.

I always knew I was pushing it with space requirements. I got carried away with all the pretty breeds, but I thought I could manage them. Turns out I was wrong....again. I just had too many for the space I had so they were always on top of each other. So I adopted out 5 of my 9 hens to a neighbor, and I added a rooster to my now flock of 4 hens. We'll see how it all pans out.

In any case, I'm looking for a name for my rooster - he is a Swedish Isbar (pretty sure), and he's about 4 1/2 months old. The lady I bought him from said he was ayam cemani, but I don't think so. Since I think he's Swedish....I was thinking something viking-y. Let me know what you think!
20181027_124250.jpg

Back
Top Bottom